Thursday, October 23, 2014

My passion changed with paradigm shift

What a morning! The sky is not full of stars but it is full of heavy water-laden clouds, ready to pour down as rain anytime.
Happy to say that i am starting such a cold October morning with a hot cup of coffee in my hand and reading my favourite subject in 1st semester MBA, Accounting for Management.
Oh! What a feeling? Is it happiness (or) satisfaction (or) the peace of mind that i feel?
Only God knows!

MY PASSIONS DURING DIFFERENT AGES IN MY LIFE SO FAR

(0 - 5) Gardening and hence comes the word "Botany"
(5 - 10) I was in love with my elder sister
(10 - 15) History and Geography
(15 - 20) Astrology , Archeology & Aeronautics
(20 - 25) MBA , photography & writing blogs

So, as i got grown - up and matured, there was paradigm shift in my mind which was influenced by many other external factors, some of which are too personal to share in my blog.
Only my family knows everything about these external factors.

(0 - 5) GARDENING AND HENCE COMES THE WORD "BOTANY"

When i was a child doing kindergarten, i never used to study and i always spent time at home not watching Cartoon Networks either. But i had a rather strange habit. We did not have a very big garden at all. But we had something small enough to be called as garden. We lived in a rented house, and so were stolen the opportunity to expand this small garden, because if we do, we cannot live there anymore. I still remember how bad i was at geography those days, that i used to visit garden only to dig out the soil as deep as possible, so that, if i had dug out deep enough, i was under the notion that i can see stars, moon and the night sky and the entire cosmos under the soil. See how bad i was @ geography in those days. Blimey! This natural interest in digging out the soil, slowly drifted towards plants and i started studying all the parts of the plants without even knowing their names. I collected seeds (mostly neem seeds) and i sow them into the soil, water it regularly and man, i know that neem was a Dicotyledon even before my Botany mam has taught me in Class 7.Skoal!

(5 -10)I WAS IN LOVE WITH MY ELDER SISTER

This was the most difficult period of my life, because my elder sister, who was like another mother for me, left home to pursue her career in medicine. I loved her a lot and i still love her. But since I was a kid, that made things simple for me. I did not go through what was called depression and all those stuffs. My parents were there for me, and my studies kept me occupied. Once in a couple of weeks, she used to visit home, and I still remember those days when she was doing I - yr Medicine, I took out her Anatomy record notebook and scribbled in all the pages with my pencil. Poor girl, she has submitted it without even checking it, and got nice scolding from her Anatomy Professor. But she proved she was studious. She got a bronze medal in her first year in Physiology. My father was very proud and i was a bit jealous. :/

(10 - 15) HISTORY AND GEOGRAPHY

O my favourite Geography! How can i forget those days, that we lived together as a book and a student? lol. :D . I was really mad at Geography, because i think i have already told you how my notion of the earth was when i was at kindergarten. The earth was no more flat, after i read geography. The sky and the stars that I was searching for was no more under the soil, but it was in the oposite direction, straight above my head, after reading geography. Geography made me look up at the sky and wonder at the stars and moon and not searching for them in the places where earthworms lived. There was a paradigm - shift in my mind as I read geography more and more. I loved the change and I enjoyed every bit of it. When I was a kid, (still living in that rented house with my family), one nice day , my father, gathered entire family and all our attendants with our immediate neighbour's family on the terrace and he held a binocular and we all were waiting for something to happen in the sky patiently. It was the day of Halley's Comet which happens once in 75 years. I saw the comet through the binoculars and so was everyone. That was a great thing in my life, as it had sown the seeds for interest in Astronomy in the later days.

(15 - 20) ASTROLOGY , AERONAUTICS AND ARCHEOLOGY

As I have said before, Halley's Comet has sown the seeds in my mind for Astrology. The thing with me is that, if I get attracted towards something, I will never leave it , until I am satisfied with it after gaining sufficient knowledge about it. And so was the case here. Archeology --> It all started with me reading an article about the Egyptian mummies in Siruvarmalar and watching the Blockbuster Hollywood Hit "The Mummy". I started my research. I read more and more, Howard Carter -  Tutankamun's curse , Tutankamun's tomb , paraohs , Cleopatra , Nefertiti and Akanethan , The Great Pyramids of Giza , The Cradle of Egyptian Civilization the Nile and more and more and more. Recently, my sisy while coming from Scotland, had brought a miniature statue of Tutankamun's coffin. When I told her that having something negative like this inside the house, is not a good omen, she replied, "Donot be so superstitious papa! Let me keep it inside Pooja room, so that whatever bad vibrations that it creates will be nullified by God". So, I let it go.



Aeronautics--> This is something which I got attracted to purely by myself. There were days in my life when all I wanted was to become an aeronautical engineer or a pilot. I was deeply obsessed with flights and aeroplanes. I still think they are cool. The first chapter in my std XI English book was about Kalpana Chawla which added fuel to the fire inside me.Then, there was a paradigm shift once more.

(20 - 25) MBA , PHOTOGRAPHY & BLOG WRITING

Omg!!! The coffee has become cold and I have lots in Accounting to catch up with. See you all later. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment