Tuesday, December 6, 2011

GRE :)

I took GRE(Graduate Record Examination) on november-2-2011. In this post, i am writing my experience. After attending weekend classes for GRE in one of the institutes in chennai for nearly 2.5 months, i finally decided to appear for the exam in the first week of november.
My faculties for math and verbal taught very well, that i am very thankful to them. My math faculty was very friendly and he was available at any time to clarify our doubts. My verbal faculty was also too good to be forgotten. She encouraged me very well. This sudden idea to take gre mushroomed in my brain after my visit to scotland.
This was the first competitive exam i took after joining in college. The rules in the prometric test center @ nungambakkam chennai, were new to me. It was a well maintained, calm and clean place. Test takers came with their passports. Later, i came to know that passport is mandatory for the exam. I was not supposed to take my mobile, paper, waterbottle, pen etc. They provided pencil and scratch papers for the test-takers.
The only break time in which i am allowed to go out was during the 10 minutes break after awa, and three sections.
I was extremely thirsty, hungry and tired. I used the interval very effectively to refresh my brain. I ate some buiscuits and went to restroom. I am very good in math than in english. Luckily, i got the experimental section as quantitative reasoning. I was able to secure 304/340 in total in the revised gre.
148 in verbal and 156 in math!!! I discussed with some of my friends who took the exam in the month of november; all of them congratulated me for my score.
I took nearly 5 full gre tests before appearing for the final exam. I suggest the readers to take as many full length mock tests as possible before taking the main exam. This is very much advised for those who take computer-based test, as they need to develop their concentration power for nearly 3 long hours in a stretch. I would also suggest that test-takers should memorize as many gre words as possible. This will certainly help them to do reading comprehension well. My gre regime, as a whole extended from august till november, during which period, i prepared for the exam for atleast 2 hours a day.
All the best for the gre test-takers of the future!!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment