Thursday, September 30, 2010

The "yes man" inside me

When i talk about "yes man", i am not talking about the movie "Yes man" starred by  Jim Carrey. In this blog it has a different meaning.

Saying yes to whatever people say without having the guts to say "no", is becoming a major drawback with me.

As Sean Covey describes in his book "The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Teens",
those who say yes to whatever people around them say are known as "yes-man"(ym). His sincere advice to teens is to stop living as a "yes-man" and start learning the art of saying "no" at appropriate times.

Due to this habit of mine, i often feel i am the sort of person whom people find easy to walk over on. At the same time i do not want to behave rudely to people and earn the name that i am "a hard nut to crack" or "a hard and fast person".

A strong character is what is needed from a person to live a good life. In that aspect i got to develop myself a lot. I have the guts to say no to my close friends and relatives, but when it comes between me and strangers, i am becoming a "ym".

As the above cartoon depicts, a toad will be a good option for those who are looking for a "ym".These days higher officers in office wish their sub-ordinates to behave as a "yes-men".They should obey to whatever they say without objecting.


I think may be that environment will suit me. I will always be saying "yes sir! yes Boss!" and "yes sir!" to all those officers.ha ha


But this is not the case always.Some officers like the one given below hate yes-men in their offices.
Whatever may be the scenario that is going to exist in my working area in the future, i will definitely not behave as a ym.Let the future take care of itself. I am no more bothered about the future. Let me act at this moment itself, let me change at this moment.I am taking an oath now that i will not live as a "ym" any more!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. hey this is nice bcz u think differently but we need to know our lifestyle to act acc to our situations ok

    ReplyDelete